Monday, February 20, 2012

Contemporary Drawings from the Irving Stenn Jr. Collection

Being a Visual Arts Management minor I have to take classes that allow me to explore the visual arts world more in depth. I am constantly going to different galleries, museums and other non-profit organizations.

Last weekend I had the opportunity to check out an exhibit at the Art Institute entitled the Contemporary Drawings from the Irving Stenn Jr. Collection. Located in the Jean and Steven Goldman Prints and Drawings Galleries in the Richard and Mary L. Gray Wing, the exhibit is on display from November 19, 2011-February 26, 2012.



The “big idea” for this exhibition is to showcase different drawings that exemplify minimalistic, conceptual, & pop art drawings at its finest from the 1960s that are favorites of Irving Stenn Jr. (or that mean a great deal to him) in a way that can be appreciated by the viewer as well.

The drawing below, entitled 8" Measurement, 1969 is by Mel Bochner and is the drawing that is being marketed by the museum for the exhibition. 

This photo is one I took of outside the exhibition:


I thoroughly enjoyed this exhibit and since it is only on display for another week I suggest you all check it out soon! 


link to :
Art Institute  exhibition page for more info

No comments:

Post a Comment