Monday, November 28, 2011

Hello from Chicago!

Hey there!
Alicia here reporting to you, hoping you all have had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

While I've been enjoying my Thanksgiving break, tummy full and mind at ease, I've been still exploring the art world and discovering unique and interesting artists in the windy city of Chicago. One artist I've discovered recently while working at my current internship is Donte Mearon.

Chicago born and raised, Donte realized his love for art in grade school. Learning how to print in high school, he realized that's what he wanted to do. Printing on fabric was not only a hobby, but a passion. He continued throughout college. He was always a fan of fashion, and while attending Columbia College, he "watched what big designers were doing."

"I like designing for women, because there is natural flow to my style. I am a man and I really like designing what I want to wear! Most of the time other men want to wear it too." - Donte

Mearon categorizes himself as an "expressionist artist"...he designs with feeling and emotion.

I asked Donte what inspired him and he gave me a wonderful answer. The environment in which he lives inspires him to create his artwork... the style, vibe, people around him in which he lives. "Chicago is dope, but fashion and technology is moving so fast that it helps to get a head start by staying in the artist loop and seeing what is out there."
Something unique that he says he is inspired by, is his own senses. Feel, taste, smell etc.. He loves to tap into the "6th sense." Donte says he is not only driven by his visual senses but his "tasteful" senses too.

Donte Mearon's art stands out because it is unique to him and the for the customer. All the pieces he creates are one of a kind. I whole heartily agree with this. Every t-shirt, greeting card, or custom work that Donte creates is different and has a feeling about them that is unlike any other.

Below are some pieces that Donte has created and a link to his website! :)
www.artbydonte.com 




No comments:

Post a Comment